Wednesday, April 17, 2013

15.8 Credits. Consider me an overachiever…

FEBRUARY 25-28
Courses registered and finalized. About time! It is utterly convoluting when attempting to plan a course schedule that allows me to gain enough credit hours equivalent to one semester's worth of credits at LFC. But alas! I was to register for 15 credits, but the overachiever that I am, I've registered for 15.8 instead. Actually, this was the only way to figure out a class schedule that gave me at least 15 credits, but I don't have a problem bragging a little ;). The downside is that I didn't really have much choice in choosing what specific classes I wanted to take, but oh well!
There isn't much to discuss about courses, except that they're only once a week Mon-Thurs, which is pretty great!

SPRING 2013
SPIRITUALITY AND IT'S DEVELOPMENT: PSYCHOLOGICAL THEORIES
       Good news! We all emailed the professor asking to bring back the class and he came through!  
       Apparently he wanted to teach the class almost as much as we wanted to take it, we just needed to
       find a few more students to sign up!
THE HOLOCAUST AND IT'S CULTURAL MEANINGS II
        This is probably my favorite class. I never realized little I actually knew about The Holocaust, and
        I am truly enjoying every minute of learning about The Holocaust and all of it's seldom discussed
        aspects. I also adore the professor - maybe it's because she's a sociologist which as we all know is
        the best kind of scientist :)
JEWISH CINEMA THROUGH PHILOSOPHY II
        The professor is funny and has a young personality that makes him even more entertaining. I am
        not really familiar with Judaism or philosophy, so I am somewhat concerned about the final paper
        at the end of the semester….but we watch a movie every meeting so I can't complain!
POLISH CINEMA
        Not going to lie, this is probably one of the most boring classes I have ever taken. The professor is
        pretty interesting and friendly, it'd be cool getting to know him better, but the class honestly puts
        me to sleep. The films we watch, the discussion of the films we watch….I really try to focus but
        they're just lullabies that sing my attention into the abyss of boredom.
POLISH LANGUAGE CLASS
        The language class is actually two times week. Polish is by far, one of the most difficult concepts I
        have ever tried to grasp. I just don't get it. I don't know if its the rapid pace, the dozens of changing
        word endings, or the fact that we use polish words that we don't know to begin with to teach us
        other polish words…. At this point, I could care less about the grade I'll get - I just hope to pass…
        One thing that bothers me a little is that we are being taught all sorts of different vocabulary, but
        not how to use them in a conversation, let alone learning how to have any sort of conversation at
        all….

As I have done my whole academic life, I probably fill my notebooks with doodles rather than notes…but hey, at least I'm productive!


No comments:

Post a Comment